Thursday, March 16, 2006

Wat ho, Barryheads!

I suppose I should chip in here and make my presence known. I am not Patrick, so dedicated readers of this 'blog' should be able to sort out who I am. He really did a fine job with our background explanation though. I didn't think he'd remember all of that, but he pretty much nailed it. Hell, he even put it in ways I never thought about.

So driving across 8000 miles of Asia completely unfamiliar to me is something that has basically been impossible to get my head around, which I guess is as good a reason as any to do it. That and the password to this blog, which might be 80% of why I signed on to such a ludicrous venture. In times of confusion like this, I find it usually best to turn to the man who seems to know something about everything, who always puts it like it is, but without having to drag you down about it. Yep, Bruce Springsteen. Here's what he had to say:

"I remember the drummer in my first band coming over to my house with his Marine uniform on, saying that he was going and that he didn't know where it was."

Thanks, Bruce. I'm going to Mongolia.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

HELLS YES. (apparently i am signed in as jay which is weird. this is cait.)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

If you wanted to give me a list of countries through which you will travel, I might be able to put together some info on each of them, if you would find that helpful.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home